Less than an hour from Paris, in the countryside at the crossroads of the Yvelines and Eure-et-Loir, after the exit of the village of Faverolles (28) stands le Domaine de la Thibaudière, a manor house of the XVIIth century.
In the XIIth century, the abbey of Coulombs was administered by 2 abbots, each bearing the name of Thibault.
The seigniorial fief of Thibaudière depended on the abbey of Coulombs who paid tribute to the Thibault abbots. The stronghold of Thibaudiere was part of the Coulombs until the 1789 revolution.
The departmental archives of Eure-et-Loir have writings attesting to its administrative existence from 1667.